Do you want to learn what it takes to become a marine biologist or work with animals at the Aquarium? Our High School Shadow program gives students in grades 9 – 12 an opportunity to meet up with Aquarium staff and get a behind the scenes look at a day in the life of a marine biologist.
Ages: 9th - 12th Grade
Time: 2pm – 5pm
What Does the Program Include?
- Tour of the Aquarium including a behind the scenes access
- Visit with a biologist or zoologist
- Food preparation and animal feeding
- Visit to Quarantine area, Veterinary office, research lab and engineering
- Visit to the Water Quality lab and opportunity to test water samples
- Up-close animal encounter with one of our Education animals
- Information packet on: marine biology, colleges, interview preparation, test taking skills and career choices
- Due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons, The Aquarium reserves the right to provide alternative behind the scenes access. .
- Students need to complete a waiver prior to attending the program.
- Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access.
Programs occur the last Thursday of each month, from 2pm – 5pm.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Thursday, December 29, 2016
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Thursday, February 23, 2016
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Thursday, June 29, 2017
For more information or to schedule a shadowing session, fill out the form below or call 856-361-1025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.