Do you want to learn what it takes to become a marine biologist or work with animals at the Aquarium? Our High School Shadow program gives students in grades 9 – 12 an opportunity to meet up with Aquarium staff and get a behind the scenes look at a day in the life of a marine biologist.
Ages: 9th - 12th Grade
Time: 2pm – 5pm
What Does the Program Include?
- Tour of the Aquarium including a behind the scenes access
- Visit with a biologist or zoologist
- Food preparation and animal feeding
- Visit to Quarantine area, Veterinary office, research lab and engineering
- Visit to the Water Quality lab and opportunity to test water samples
- Up-close animal encounter with one of our Education animals
- Information packet on: marine biology, colleges, interview preparation, test taking skills and career choices
- Due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons, The Aquarium reserves the right to provide alternative behind the scenes access. .
- Students need to complete a waiver prior to attending the program.
- Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access.
Programs occur the last Thursday of each month, from 2pm – 5pm.
For more information or to schedule a shadowing session, fill out the form below or call 856-361-1025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.