The Center for Aquatic Sciences at Adventure Aquarium, in conjunction with Adventure Aquarium, provides a number of opportunities for those who want to volunteer and become an integral part of our mission, which is to promote the understanding, appreciation and protection of aquatic life and habitats.
We use volunteers in a number of areas: to dive in our tanks, to engage aquarium visitors, to assist in caring for the animals, to assist with education programs and to inspire everyone to do all they can to save species around the world.
- You don’t need to be an oceanographer or biologist, but you must be enthusiastic, dedicated and wiling to get involved.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- All volunteer positions require a time commitment of at least 16 hours each month for a minimum of 12 months.
- Some positions have additional requirements (i.e. dive volunteers must possess SCUBA certification).
- Volunteers must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- We are unable to arrange job shadows or short-term volunteer opportunities at this time. Email email@example.com for information on high school job shadows.
- Professional training
- Free admission to Adventure Aquarium
- Free parking
- Discounts at the Adventure Aquarium Cafe and Gift Shop
- Flexible scheduling
- Special invitations to social events and exclusive opportunities
- Letters of recommendation
- New and lasting friendships
- Work with talented, dedicated individuals devoted to bringing the important message of conservation of our aquatic resources to our aquarium guests.
- Go to Volunteer Opportunities to see the volunteer positions that are available.
- Not all opportunities are a good fit, so please read the position descriptions and requirements carefully before submitting an application.
- Applications are accepted online only. Once an application is received, it will be reviewed for position availability.
- If a position is available and the applicant meets the necessary requirements, the application will be forwarded to the appropriate department manager.
- Qualifying applicants may be contacted for an interview within several weeks.
- If there are no positions open, the application will be kept for 6 - 8 months. Applicants will be contacted if a position becomes available during that time period.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
View Volunteer Opportunities